Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I may be a geek, but I'm not a thief

I sometimes wonder what other people are thinking, and how they're reacting to the same events as me. Fireworks night provided me with an insight.

Now I'm the first to admit that I'm a geek, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. After watching the fireworks for about 5 minutes in Sefton Park I started to wonder how high the big rockets were in the air when they were exploding. Remembering that the speed of sound in air is approximately 340 metres per second, and guessing that I was about 100 m away from where they were being launched I came to a rough estimate that they were 200-250 metres in the air when they were exploding.

My mental thought process was then interrupted by one of the people behind me saying "wow, I wonder how much you could flog that lot for if you nicked them."

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Brittney said...

hahahaha.

hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home