Saturday, October 29, 2005

Liverpool - as a tourist

This week I had some friends from home who came to stay with me in Liverpool. It was fantastic. I really enjoyed having time to hang out with people from home, especially as it's hard to get back for an extended time now. I also enjoyed it because I got to behave as a tourist for a few days, and go back to some of my favourite Liverpool places.

On Tuesday afternoon we went up to the beach at Freshfields, which is definitely one of my top places to go. I've been there in every season, during the day and at night. It is amazing! On Tuesday it was really blowing a gale, and we were pretty much the only people there. It was the kind of wind that wants to blow you over, and let you know who's boss. It was causing some good sized waves as well, and the sun was just threatening to come out from behind the clouds. It felt a bit like the beach from the beginning of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and was so much fun to race the waves and jump about like a kid!

On Wednesday we went to the cathedrals. I love the Anglican Cathedral, it always inspires me, and reminds me of the creativity that man has been given. One of these days I'm going to either move there, or build my own.

Those were definitely the highlights of this week, though it has been fun generally. Lots of good conversations, and time spent with people, which is always fun. And Liar Liar...

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Brittney said...

why don't you do sunt-in?

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Update please

 

Post a Comment

<< Home