Monday, December 05, 2005

Thinking about the future.

Last weekend was a reality check. Houseparty was great, good time to hang out with people old and new, to learn stuff, a great opportunity to do a seminar on a subject i really enjoy, and a chance to think about how God guides, and the future.

Pete Roberts (thanks Pete) recommended Guidance and the voice of God, which has been good and very helpful, with incredibly short chapters. It's got me thinking about what is important, and what's not, and started me questioning (again) where I'm going in life. So far my thinking is this:Work is something that we're commanded to do, but the Bible does not tell us specifically what job we should do. I have freedom to make a (hopefully) wise decision about what I will do for a job. And so now I'm giving serious consideration and actively looking for full-time ministry jobs. It has been a helpful thing though, because it's got me thinking about what is important. I love living in Liverpool because I have a lot of good friends here, I really enjoy being part of the Tab. On the other hand it'd be nice to live somewhere that I could visit my family just for a day, I'm conscious that my nieces are growing fast and it'd be nice to have more family time, especially as I'd like to move overseas sometime.

And so there it is... today KC decided to help me plan my life with a game called MASH, which was most helpful, if not a little scary, and I've been left with a desire to buy a walrus.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Brittney said...

i told you that MASH left me single for the rest of my life, making my living as a scuba diving instructor, driving a pea car, and living in shack with a pet dog in england, didn't i?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home